Due to the presence of potential exposure to and the spread of Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus 2(SARS-CoV-2), the virus that spreads COVID-19, Polemark Tours is implementing these new protocols in collaboration with you, our esteemed client, to ensure your safety and the safety of your crew of guide, porters & chef. Following the strict guidelines by the Ministry of Health in conjunction with the Ministry of Tourism, kindly read below the measures we have chosen to implement.
- Prior to your Camping trip
- Our communication prior to the camping trip to Mount Kenya National Park will be via e-mail (email@example.com), WhatsApp/SMS/Phone-call(+254722231697 or +254717403959), Facebook(Polemark Tours), TripAdvisor or via our website. We have closed our Nanyuki Offices but remain active in communicating via online means and encourage our clients to use any medium of online communication they find comfortable.
- Kindly be familiar with answers to the Frequently Asked Questions and common misconceptions related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Identify which visitor(s) amongst you are at HIGH RISK for complications related to COVID-19, and encourage consultations with your healthcare provider in getting the necessary nod to participate in a camping trip.
- During your Trip & subsequently, Camping
- All our private vehicles will be thoroughly sanitized prior to picking you up & abide by the half-pax capacity as instructed by the National Transport & Safety Authority.
- You are encouraged to possess your personal hand sanitizer & face mask at all times. Washing your hands with running water & soap will be enforced by Polemark Tours at all designated camping sites to ensure effective sanitization amongst all of our clients & staff.
- Social distancing will be practised religiously on all our trips. Hugs, handshakes & kisses will be discouraged & hereby swapped for hand gestures, waving, Namaste greetings and any other method which doesn’t involve physical contact.
- Our clients and staff are encouraged to practice proper coughing/sneezing etiquette.
- Our guides are well informed about the Novel Coronavirus Covid-19 and encourage conversations with our clients regarding how the clients are feeling, how the clients view these measures and what needs to be adjusted in order for the client to feel more comfortable during your trip with us.
It is our hope that we shall keep ourselves educated and up-to-date with any and all developing guidelines and directives from the World Health Organization, Ministry of Health Kenya and the Ministry of Tourism, and generally, be responsible human beings.
We pray that you and your family will keep safe as we get back to doing what makes us happy, travel.